HOME EXERCISE PROGRAM |
do the exercises daily if possible; for weeks 1-6 do the exercises
3 times a day; weeks 7-12 do exercises 2 times a day; and
for weeks 13-26 do exercises daily.
- Bend your knees up and down. Do 20 repetitions.
- Keeping your knee straight, tighten your thigh muscle
by pushing the back of your knee down on the bed. Hold
for a count of 5. Relax. Do 20 repetitions.
- Keeping your knee straight, push your heel into the
bed. Hold for a count of 5. Relax. Do 20 repetitions.
- Lying on your back with a roll under your knee, so
that it is slightly bent, straighten your knee and hold
for a count of 5. Relax. Do not lift your leg off the
roll. Do 20 repetitions.
- Either lying flat on your back or sitting, squeeze
your buttocks together and hold for a count of 5. Relax.
Do 20 repetitions.
- Lying flat on your back, have someone slide your leg out
to the side, keeping your knee straight and toes pointed
up toward the ceiling. Then let them bring your leg back
in. DO 10 repetitions.
- Sitting in a chair leaning against the backrest, bend
your knee on the operative side and slide your foot as far
back under the chair as possible. DO NOT LEAN FORWARD while
performing this exercise.